Barry's Deutschland

Sometimes I rant about current events, sometimes just funny stuff.

Mittwoch, 2. Juni 2010

Today would have been June's 55th birthday.

June was my best friend in the whole world. We had known each other for 31 years when she died of lung cancer in November 2007. It wasn't until days before she died that her family found out that she smoked. Her sister thought she had quit for good, years before. I think June only smoked about five cigarettes a day. She never smoked around other people, never in her car or even in her own home. I was the only person in the world who knew she smoked.

June had been feeling bad for about a year before she was diagnosed but none of her doctors could find anything wrong. That is until that fateful scan in the summer of 2007. She was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer in July of 2007 and she was gone by November 2007.

At times the grief was unbearable.We shared everything. Her passing was like losing a limb. You learn to live without it and I moved on but my life will never be the same without her.

Happy Birthday June. I love you!

1 Kommentar:

  1. Sorry for the loss of such an important person in your life.
    Mr Monkey

    AntwortenLöschen